Thursday 17 December 2009

2009 in an entry


 I always have this annoying impression that time goes by uneventfully. This must be one of my many distorted perceptions. I know very well that I am not a good example of active, outgoing, social, hyper, cheerful person but there sure are things that I do and happen if only for the fact that I exist. I wanna write them down so that I can contemplate an image closer to reality. It doesn't mean I'm not forgetting something. Anyway, my highlights are:
  • Dec 31/ Jan 1 - New Year's Eve party @ the restaurant 
Glass braking at 12 for good luck 

At the end of December 2008 I was so stressed and depressed that didn't want to hear of any beginning, party and people. But managed to pull myself together and fiercely fought against the gloom; so went out shopping and bought a knee-length strapless navy-blue dress (adjective order is a nightmare!] to match my blues and in the same time to summon my cheerfulness leftovers. A bitter-sweet beginning is far better than a sheer bitter one, n'est ce pas?
  • January 17 - Swedish Massage/Reflexology final exam
Yes, yes, a bit to the right

One morning, somewhere in May 2008, I woke up and I knew that I just have to learn massage. Never before had I give it a minimum thought. Best decisions I've ever taken are the morning ones. Morning as in waking up early in the morning, opening the eyes and visualizing the thing I want to have/do or, the opposite, the thing I want out of my life, or simply a change of attitude, feeling towards someone. Am not a momentum person; except for these moments.
  • February - not like a fish, but still enjoying water

Decided that exercise and change of scenery  will help me relax after an awful and tiresome (and always, always so incredibly hatable) start of the year. Indeed a fortunate decision. Bonus: the incredible feeling of swimming while enjoying the view of snow covered hills! It worked for half an year.
  • February - massage time!
( __|__ )
make it smaller, pleeeeeeease

Started practicing the anti-cellulite massage. I find it challenging and rewarding.
  • March 8 - Woman's Day party
e meneaito, e meneaito, e meneaito

I don't understand why do we have just (or almost just) women in these parties? Who on earth can come up with such an ugly idea? Must have been an ugly woman.
  • March - one step closer to Egypt
Wish I didn't come back

As I felt I could no longer stay away from my pharaoh, I bought myself a plane ticket (unfortunately, not a one way) to Egypt. This washed all the previous trouble out! Before my very eyes, the world was turning pinker by day.
  • April - you don't full me
too bad is inhabited


I convinced myself that the people working in the Egyptian embassy in Bucharest are more confused than I am. Every time you call, the answer to the same question is different. Possibilities abound in the no man's land.
  • April - Easter party without rabbits
who needs drugs?

Alcohol can cure a cold faster than antibiotics; and is healthier too.
  •  May -  may I?
I just can't figure it out

For some strange reason May is foggy in my head. May I just skip it then?
  • June - @###$@!
 in fast motion

In words, that means stress, hyperventilation, excitement, impatience and shy joy. June was basically a month of preparations. Finishing everything before vacation: clearing work at the office, idling massage, putting things in order at home, buying the things I needed to take with me, meeting friends before my departure.

  • July - my favorite time of the year - Cairo
!honk-honk!

I am always on blues before going anywhere; and stressed of course.
A taxi, train, bus and plane ride later I arrived in Egypt. As before, in the middle of the night, on a suffocating heath, the first thing that welcomed me was the sticky, almost liquid air of Cairo; and then the palms; and then the airport with its joyful officers and this time with a body temperature check too; and then ... nothing else matters.
  • July - my favorite time of the year - Alexandria
if you understand what I mean

I can accept and cope with a crowded Cairo but not with a crowded Alexandria. Beaches for me equal relaxation, day-dreaming, as fewer clothes as possible with the minimum level of self-awareness and comfort zone. Alexandria is everything but capable to fulfill this expectation. However, I am referring strictly to the public beaches.
  • August - reality has never been so unfriendly
in and out

Back to a cloudy Romania. Back to everyday life. Back to a non-user-friendly  reality.
  • August - ready, steady, massage!
where the magic begins

Bought my portable (if you are a relative of Hagrid), peach massage table [again this adjective order!don't just sit there, correct me if and where am wrong]  and started the therapeutic and relaxation massage besides the anti-cellulite one. Medicine for my soul.
  • September - company party
paganish

Had a nice time with my work mates at an outdoor party organized by our employer. Bonus: a good, old camp fire
  • October - friends' birthday parties + mom's bday
Happy Bday, mom!

Yes, October is full of bdays. Had a good time, but not as good as before. I felt lonely, tired, changed.
  • October - no more Lady Marlboro
tea, anyone?

Turned out that feeling tired was not because am olding (yeah, that's right, am not old) but because my gall bladder decided it's high time to make its presence noticed. Needless to say that for the first time in my life I couldn't eat when I wanted, what I wanted and as much as I wanted. That felt sooo not like me. Also, need I describe the hell this not-so-vital organ gets you into? Bladder I command you to get back to your unfelt presence state! And stay the **** like that!
Oh, and this is how No more Lady Marlboro came to life.
  • November - fight over nothing
 sweet memories

I was so tormented.  Nothing helped. Au contraire. Well actually maybe the above helped.
  • November - rain
I 8 1 4 u 2


Bday is not a reason to be happy. Not when you're missing what's most important. Probably not even when you have it.
  • December - hushhh, do not awake the monster!
yes, home to you


Cause once awaken is hard to stop it. Down boy, down!
This is the time I miss you the most. Don't make it even harder, please.

In 2009 am grateful for my Egyptian July, for my mom's improved health, for the massage, for the jam that the Romanians' in Egypt forum is and for this blog.





No comments: